The primary function of the Sales Advisor is to deliver sales of Personal Lines, Agri and Commercial role will involve assisting in the overall running of the Sales Office to deliver a superior and efficient customer care service that produces agreed sales results while enhancing the local FBD Brand.
Working closely with and reporting to the Branch Manager and Sales Development Co-Ordinator, you will be results focused and your key responsibilities will include:
* Being proactive in achieving individual sales targets including prospecting, up selling and cross selling of Personal Lines/Commercial/Agri business.
* Dealing with customer queries and referring unresolved/technical queries to the relevant personnel.
* Ensuring all systems and procedures as laid down by the Company are complied with.
* Accruing and maintaining comprehensive up-to-date knowledge and information of the Company’s commercial product range and compliance requirements and completing relevant industry qualifications and CPD hours as appropriate.
* Working flexibly within the Sales Office and participating in various office tasks which may include going to the Mart.
* Providing relief to other Sales Offices in the region, as required.
* Developing mutually beneficial working relationships and working closely with the local FBD Life and Pension Financial Advisor, to continuously enhance the overall FBD Group service delivery to customers.
* Participating in account management initiatives for Commercial and Agri business.
* Part taking in on-going renewal follow ups/revisions; identifying sales opportunities, cover/rate improvements, as appropriate.
* Assisting customers at the initial notification of claims stage, in line with company procedures.
* Taking responsibility for individual outstanding debit/premium collections.
* Providing dedicated support to the Sales Executive/Branch Manager, as directed.
* Administration of Personal Lines/Commercial/Agri business as required.
* Carrying out such duties as management may require from time to time
* Leaving Certificate or equivalent and/or a relevant third level qualification
* Qualified to Approved Product Advisor (APA), Approved Product Professional (APP), Certified Insurance Practitioner (CIP) or Grandfathered Accreditation is desired.
* We will consider applications from non-qualified applicants if they show a interest in progressing a career in Insurance. Assistance will be given to obtain a qualification within the timeframes outlined by the Central Bank of Ireland.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite – Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
* Previous insurance/financial services experience would be advantageous
* Sales/customer service experience.
* Proactive / energetic approach / positive outlook
* Customer focused
* Excellent communication and organisational skills.
* Develop and maintain customer relationships
* Target driven & results orientated
* Problem solving
* Meet regulatory requirements as described in the Minimum Competency Code (Source: Central Bank, 2011) and Fitness and Probity Standards (Source: Central Bank, 2012).
This is a controlled function under the Central Bank of Irelands Fitness and Probity Regime. As such you are expected to know and comply with the standards at all times.
This role is being offered on a fixed term/temporary contract
FBD is an inclusive Equal Opportunity employer that considers applicants irrespective of their age, gender, ethnicity, culture, religion, language, sexual orientation, ability, disability and social circumstances.
FBD Roscommon Sales Office
FBD is an equal opportunities employer
FBD Insurance has been in business for over 50 years and has grown into the largest Irish owned insurer with nearly 500,000 loyal and satisfied customers.
With local sales offices nationwide, telephone and online support, FBD's quality customer service is never more than a few steps away.
Our values represent what we believe in and what’s important to us and is at the core of our business. These are Communication, Community, Respect, Innovation, Pride and Ownership. They underpin our behaviours, informing how we go about our day.
For over 50 years FBD has been invested in agriculture, farming and rural life generally. We believe farms, businesses, consumers and wider society feel real economic and social benefits as a result of our business activities. As an organisation that plans for the future, we are mindful of our impact on Society, the Environment, and the Communities in which we operate. FBD has aligned its CSR initiatives to the UN 17 point Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) Charter to assist it focus and influence on improving the lives of our customers and wider Irish society.
Careers at FBD
Take the next step in your career and join Ireland’s largest home grown insurer. We pride ourselves in creating a dynamic working environment. We have diverse opportunities, established development paths and excellent learning opportunities to support our people.
FBD offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Some of the benefits we offer include discounted insurance products, healthcare contribution, tax save commuter tickets, pension scheme and monthly lunch allowance.
You can contact our Mullingar Call Centre on (0818 18 18 18) , lines are open from 8am -7pm (Monday to Friday) & 10am - 2pm Saturday.
Lakepoint Retail & Business Park