Mullingar Employment Action Group (MEAG) Community Employment (CE) Project CLG is a voluntary community organisation which provides employment to 33 CE participants in Mullingar and the surrounding areas, supporting community and cultural clubs and organisations, through funding provided by the Department of Social Protection (DSP).
We are seeking to recruit a CE Supervisor (12 month contract) who will ensure the effective and efficient management and co-ordination of the human, financial, and material resources of the CE scheme and report to the Management Committee on its implementation.
Main duties: The CE Supervisor will support and coach CE participants in gaining the skills and competencies for employment. Maintain and manage manual and computerised financial and accounting systems in line with DSP and MEAG accounting procedures and conventions and in accordance with DSP policies. Preparation of financial returns, funding claims, payments, debtors, creditors, payroll, bookkeeping, bank reconciliations and ROS returns. Coordinate and manage the recruitment of participants in a timely and efficient manner. Source and provide appropriate training and development opportunities for participants under the Individual Learner Plan (ILP) system and maintain accurate training records.
• 3rd Level qualification/ NFQ Major Award at level 6 or higher in Business, Financial Administration, Training, Human Resources, Project or Supervisory Management or related disciplines (component awards alone are not sufficient) unless currently employed as a CE Supervisor
• Minimum of three years’ management/supervisory experience
• Competent to oversee the administrative, technical and participant development aspects of the project
• Understand the role of CE Supervisor as it pertains to project management and programme delivery, to long-term unemployed and vulnerable adults
• Excellent computer skills e.g. Word, Excel, Internet, e-mail, Payroll etc.
• Excellent communication and inter-personal skills and report writing skills
• Ability to direct, motivate, coach and mentor jobseekers
• Ability to work under the direction of Sponsor group (MEAG) to effectively implement the CE Programme in line with CE Operational procedures
• A full driver's licence and own car
• Experience of project management including administration and budget management
• Ability to ensure the provision of an efficient financial and accounting system in line with CE corporate governance requirements, as directed by the Sponsors
• A good understanding of adult and community education in a community-based setting
• A capacity to initiate and develop a strong teamwork ethic and the ability to work on own initiative
How to apply: For queries, or to submit your CV with application cover letter please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Supported by the Department of Employment Affairs & Social Protection which is funded by the Irish Government.
Mullingar Employment Action Group (MEAG) is a community supported not for profit organisation which was established in 1986 and incorporated in 1990 with the aim to support enterprise, employment and job creation through the following initiatives;
• Business incubation at ‘The Enterprise Centre’ and ‘Mullingar Enterprise Technology and Innovative Centre’,
• Delivery of employment activation programmes such as ‘Community Employment Scheme’ and ‘Jobs Initiative’,
• Supply school uniforms to schools in the region through The Uniform Boutique,
• European Strategic Partnerships which provide access to learning and best practice.