We are looking to hire a Support Worker who would respect the ethos and tradition of our client and to observe and comply with its general policies, procedures, and regulations
The candidate will have access to various types of records/information in the course of work. Such records and information are strictly confidential and unless acting on the instruction of an authorised person, on no account must information concerning staff, Service Users or other service business be divulged or discussed except in the performance of normal duty. In addition, records may never be left in such a manner that unauthorised persons can obtain access to them and must be kept in safe custody when no longer required.
To assist and co-operate in the smooth running of the assigned area. S/he will maintain the highest attainable standards of person-centered care and support, to promote optimum independence and to enhance the quality of life of the Service User in all aspects of daily living.
Duties and Resposabilieties:
- To be available for duty on mornings, evenings, nights, weekends and sleepovers, as required.
- To accept responsibility as assigned by Person in Charge/Residential Coordinator for the physical and mental well-being of the person with intellectual disability in a Residential Setting.
- Provide Support to service users in all their activities of daily living.
- To act as an Advocate for the Service Users and to promote individual choice at all times.
- To participate in the careful observation, monitoring and recording of the progress of each Service User in line with agreed procedures.
- To assist with procedures and treatments.
- To observe and report on the condition of Services Users to Shift Coordinator/Person in Charge, and when necessary, to the Residential Coordinator, and receive and carry out instructions as required.
- Under the direction of the Person in Charge, to ensure that all prescribed medication is administered, recorded and stored in compliance with our client's Policy.
- Responsible for the physical, emotional well-being and personal hygiene of Service Users, as appropriate to their individual needs.
- To assist with the cooking and preparation of meals, as required, and the use of special diets.
- To maintain cleanliness of the facilities and accommodation used.
- To adhere to policies, procedures and guidelines in line with those of our clinet's Services.
- To be a link, under the direction of the PIC, between the Residence and the family of the Service User.
- To maintain confidentiality in all matters relating to the Centre, Staff, Service Users and their families.
- To participate, as required, by the Unit Head in the planning, developing and implementation of agreed individual personal plans, e.g. PCP’s, reports and action plans.
- To attend meetings (case conferences, family meetings, etc) as required by the Person in Charge.
- To supervise on outings and support service users to partake in recreational activities.
- Attend G.P. and other medical appointments with Service Users, as requested.
- To drive designated vehicle provided for the Residence.
- To participate with the organisation of service user holiday breaks.
- To act as a Key Worker.
- To attend in-service and any other training programmes, as required.
- To be involved, as directed, with the supervision, training and monitoring of students and volunteers within the Residence.
- To attend rostered Staff Meetings, as and when directed by the Person in Charge.
- To ensure all fire regulations and fire equipment are effective and advise the PIC of any defect.
- To ensure all Service Users are aware, insofar as possible, of fire drill procedures.
- To be flexible and willing to change and adapt to new programmes and models of service according to the needs and wishes of the Services Users and in line with regulation and legislation.
- from 6 to 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Do you have any experience working with people with Intellectual Disabilities?
- Advanced/Higher Certificate (required)
- Healthcare: 1 year (required)
- B Driving Licence (required)
Advanced/Higher Certificate (required); Must be Authorised to work in Ireland;