We are looking to hire a Social Care Worker who will ensure the maintenance of the highest attainable standards of person-centered care, promotes optimum independence and choice and enhances the quality of life of the Service User in all aspects of daily living within a regulated framework. To assist and co-operate in the smooth running of the assigned area.
We are looking to hire someone who will be respectful to the ethos and traditions of our client and to observe and comply with its general policies, procedures and regulations.
The candidate will have access to various types of records/information in the course of work. Such records and information are strictly confidential and unless acting on the instruction of an authorised person, on no account must information concerning staff, Service Users or other service business be divulged or discussed except in the performance of normal duty. In addition, records may never be left in such a manner that unauthorised persons can obtain access to them and must be kept in safe custody when no longer required.
Duties and Resposabilieties:
- To co-operate with and seek direction from the Person in Charge /Residential & Respite Manager in the provision of a supportive home-like atmosphere in which the Service Users can enhance and maintain life skills.
- To acknowledge and respect the rights and dignity of the Service Users at all times.
- To ensure care and support plans are followed appropriately for all service users.
- To be responsible for the organisation, supervision and running of the Residence to which assigned.
- To establish and maintain close links with local community, voluntary bodies and professional services.
- To foster good relationships with the Service Users, families and friends, and offer support (was help) and advice as required, and to encourage visits by friends and relatives at all reasonable times.
- To ensure that the quality of personal care and hygiene for the Service Users is of the highest standard at all times and maintain a high standard of personal health & hygiene.
- To assess individual Service User’s needs, in consultation with professional support staff and other Agencies. Implement, monitor and record on-going individual programmes of care and support.
- Be available to attend G.P. and other medical appointments, as requested.
- Ensure safe storage, administration and recording of prescribed medication for Service Users, as per our clients Policy and Guidelines.
- To work unsocial hours and weekends, including live waking night duties or sleepovers, as part of an agreed roster.
- To be aware of the on-call procedure and to cover for other staff, as and when required.
- To receive, investigate and report to the Person in Charge/Residential & Respite Manager /CEO complaints by residents, relatives, visitors, etc, in compliance with the Complaints/Grievance Procedure.
- To act as an Advocate for the Service Users and to promote individual choice at all times.
- Be responsible for all equipment and materials in the Residence and keep accurate records of stock and materials.
- To act as a Key Worker if so designated.
- To participate in activities and annual holidays as chosen by Service Users.
- To keep records and make reports as required on all matters relating to purchases for the Residence and the custody of monies for, and receipt of monies from, each Service User, and to adhere to Finance Policy.
- To drive designated transport provided for the Residence (with relevant licence).
- To prepare and serve nutritionally balanced meals, as required.
- To support the Service Users to engage in a wide range of stimulating activities, both indoor and outdoor, using local facilities, where possible.
- To liaise with and develop good working relationships with Day Service Staff.
- To organise and attend reviews of and with Service Users, as directed by the Person in Charge/Residential & Respite Manager and be responsible for the preparation of a Care/Support Plan for each individual.
- To comply with and implement all our clinet's Services Policies and Procedures within the Residence.
- To undertake training as requested and keep up to date with developments in the area of Intellectual Disability.
- To attend rostered Staff Meetings as and when directed by the Person in Charge.
- To maintain the confidentiality of all information relating to the Residence, the Service Users and their families.
- To be flexible and willing to change and adapt to new programmes and models of service according to the needs and wishes of the Services Users.
- To perform such other duties appropriate to the position, as may be assigned by the Person in Charge/Residential & Respite Manager /CEO.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- 12 hour shift
- from 6 hours to 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- Do you have experience working with persons with an Intellectual Disability?
- Social work: 1 year (required)
- Full driving licence (required)
Must have Bachelor's Degree; Must hold Driving License; Must have an Authorised permit to work in Ireland