· Develop and enhance an uncompromising Culture around the successful implementation of Environmental, Health & Safety Policy group wide.
· Pro-actively manage health, safety and welfare to ensure compliance and best safe working practices from both a production, manufacturing and site point of view with an overall aim to significantly reduce any incidents.
· Actively champion the health & safety function throughout all areas of the business in keeping with continuous improvement initiatives
· Monitor legislative updates, ensuring necessary changes are applied promptly and in accordance with standard procedures.
· Conduct both site and factory safety audits, produce applicable metrics and/or scorecards, follow up with accountability and corrective actions for outcomes.
· Robust and through investigation, recording and reporting of accidents, incidents and near misses in a prompt manner ensuring any corrective actions are implemented without delay.
· Provide relevant accident information and robust reporting for Insurance purposes
· Identify new and on-going safety related training in conjunction with H&S Site Officers
· You will be responsible for ensuring that all sites and manufacturing facilities are all in compliance with EHS regulations, developing the EHS plan to assist in driving the ongoing long term strategic aims of the Company
· Developing EHS systems and/or recommendation of additional supports to enhance the EHS team
· Through knowledge of ISO 14001 and OHSAS 180010 and continuing development of them in all relevant sites and audit compliance
· Develop, regularly review and update all Risk Assessments and SOP’s for required job tasks throughout the Group
· Implement & conduct an excellent system of continuous communication channels to enhance the culture and message of “The Safe way ….or No way”.
· Collaborate and update qualification platforms for various clients
Professional Experience & Qualifications
The successful candidate will be a person of professional ethics, the highest integrity and will have;
· A recognized 3rd level professional Health & Safety/Environmental qualification
· A background of managing and leading a team in a multi-site, manufacturing & site environment
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role preferably with a background in civil engineering/construction rail and/or infrastructure
· Proven ability to challenge across your pier group in a professional manner to ensure real results are achieved
· Excellent ability to communicate with people at all levels
· Excellent Organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise workload to meet deadlines are essential for this role.
· Excellent and proven IT skills
· Calm, confident manner to handle potentially uncomfortable conversations
Shay Murtagh Precast is the flagship company of the Shay Murtagh Group. Based in Raharney, Co. Westmeath in Ireland. Shay Murtagh Precast specialise in bespoke precast concrete manufacturing for infrastructure, road, rail, utilities, residential and commercial markets.
At our core is:
A dynamic and fast-paced workplace with an emphasis on continuous improvement. You will join a progressive team of highly skilled, self-motivated individuals and work on a diverse range of projects for clients across Ireland and the UK and further afield.
Shay Murtagh is a diverse and fast growing business and we want you to grow with us. We can offer you an excellent platform to embark on your career with our multi-faceted facility. We offer a competitive salary, discretionary bonus, reduced fuel costs with Topaz, cycle to work scheme and a fun, challenging working atmosphere with a strong focus on continuous professional development throughout your career.