Gannon Eco Limited is an award winning company and is one of Ireland leading environmental solution provider. We have ambitious expansion plans and are investing in new technology, systems and facilities. We want to bring on board an experienced, energetic and effective Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality (SHEQ) Officer. They will be responsible for implementing the highest SHEQ standards across the site, whilst promoting and supporting continuous improvement and best practise.
They will maintain a working knowledge of all Health and Safety legislation and any developments that affect our industry and provide professional advice and support to site management. They will take the lead in the ongoing development & Implementation of all SHEQ policies and procedures & maintaining & achieving ISO Certifications.
o Proactively engage, challenge and influence colleagues to deliver SHEQ compliance to drive continuous improvement in SHEQ performance
o Ensure risk profile of site is documented through suitable risk assessments and pro-actively create/implement action plans to reduce risk and ensure in line with hierarchy of control methodology
o Ensure an effective SHEQ on-boarding program for all who enter and work on the site, employees, contractors, and visitors.
o Train & coach staff to ensure everyone has the means to contribute to, lead and manage SHEQ within their areas of responsibility
o Work with management to develop and maintain practical and effective policies and procedures for the site.
o Conduct regular reviews of policies and procedures to ensure they are practical and fully aligned with business needs and relevant legislation.
o Keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all Health and Safety legislation and any developments that affect the employer's industry.
o Increase Safety, Heath, Environmental and Quality awareness amongst all teams to ensure a focus and priority throughout the business.
o Collaborate with peers and management in shaping of the SHEQ agenda and fostering a culture of engagement, ownership and continuous improvement and ensure a culture of safety first prevails throughout the site.
o Ensure adequate H&S controls are incorporated into design specifications for equipment upgrades and installation.
o Ensure that all activities have robust and up-to-date risk assessments supported by suitable training where applicable.
o Assess workplace hazards considering how risks could be eliminated or reduced and formulate preventative measures together with management.
o Conduct regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being implemented.
o Organise regular random safety inspection audits of all areas, record, analyse and report on the results, and suggest and follow up on improvements.
o Work with all relevant regulators who audit and inspect sites and activities.Ensure that all incidents and near misses are reported, investigated, and most importantly addressed in a timely manner.
o Management of site operational licenses and compliance with & reporting on same (Waste collection permit, Waste Facility permit & REACH Regulations)
o Maintain ISO 14001 Environmental Management.
o Acquire and maintain ISO 9011 Quality Management and ISO 45001 Health & Safety Management
· Highly organized individual with excellent attention to detail and great accuracy.
· Proven ability to prioritize tasks and effectively time-manage.
· An observant and analytical personality with excellent problem-solving skills.
· Excellent communication and negotiation skills and ability to give instruction to site personnel.
· Ability to deliver training and presentations to groups.
· Embodies ‘safety first culture’ with a commitment to continuous improvement.
· A “can do” work ethic with an ability to work on their own initiative.
· Passion, energy, a strong work ethic.
Desired Qualifications and Experience
. BSc (hons) Occupational H&S/NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
· Minimum of 3 years’ Health & Safety experience with at least 2 years manufacturing experience.
· Should be familiar with ISO certifications and successful attainment of same. Knowledge of ISO 45001, ISO 14001 and ISO 9001 is important.
· Excellent report writing and numerical skills with proficiency in MS Office.
· Proficiency in the English language is a requirement as is eligibility to work in Ireland.
· Experienced in all areas of Health & Safety including maintaining policies, assessing risks, training, audits & inspection, dealing with incidents and reporting.
Gannon Eco is an award-winning company and has become one of the leading environmental solution providers, with a total reuse for industrial waste stream products in Ireland. Based in the midlands we are ideally located to serve the entire country. We specialise in reprocessing of waste materials into new products a service previous not provided in Ireland. Some of the material we reprocess are Laminated glass, Borosilicate glass, Ceramics, Aluminium oxide and Filter cake. From these materials we produce, Blast abrasives, Eco Aggregates, Fill material used in production of plastics, road markings and paint.