DECOTEK Automotive is based in the Irish midlands employing approximately 320 people in a highly skilled manufacturing environment. We design, develop and manufacture premium exterior trim components for the global automotive industry customers.
We are currently recruiting for a Quality Manager. This role will be full-time. Working hours will be Monday-Friday 08.00-16.30.
At Decotek Automotive the Quality Manager will ensure that our products and services meet all necessary requirements before they reach the customer. The Quality Manager will oversee the final product to make sure it has been built with compliance to legal standards and meets our customers expectations, They will be thorough and observant with an eye for detail, fully understand the requirements for the product or service and have a sense of responsibility towards our potential and existing customers as well as the competition.
· Understanding customer needs and requirements to develop effective quality control processes
· Liaise with key customers and ensure successful completion of Customer Audits and corrective action completion
· Management of customer submissions, FTOP, Builds and PPAP's.
· Managing project APQP documentation
· Managing Product Quality to meet agreed project requirements, staying up to date with new quality control techniques and methods
· Responsible for adherence to all external and appropriate regulatory requirements.
· Development of internal and external product and process control equipment.
· Manage relationship between Quality team, development team and the Production team.
· Manage Compliance and Development of Procedures related to ISO TS 16949, ISO 14001 or other such standards as may be adopted
· Management of key quality systems such as non- conformance system, incident reporting system and customer complaint analysis
· Value excellence and drive continuous improvement in the Quality Assurance and control systems
· Manage and develop the Quality team members through mentoring, motivating and delegating tasks appropriately
· Manage performance of direct reports through regular reviews and team meetings.
· Development and protection of intellectual property and know how
· Working with management teams to provide recommendations and solutions to quality issues
· Reporting on the quality of products and/or services throughout all phases of production
· Assessing and reviewing all materials provided by suppliers to ensure overall quality
· Investigating root causes of defects and recommending solutions for quality issues
· Onboarding, training and mentoring new quality control team members
· Ensure adherence to health and safety guidelines as well as legal obligations
· Supervise inspectors, technicians and other staff and provide guidance and feedback
· Keep accurate documentation and perform statistical analysis
Skills and Experience:
· Third level Qualification in an Engineering, Science, or other relevant discipline.
· Experience in the automotive industry is essential.
· Ideally experience working in an ISO TS16949/ISO14001 environment.
· Experience managing a Quality team.
· Experience working in global quality teams.
· A post-graduate qualification in quality systems would be advantageous
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Results orientated.
· Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines.
· Fluency in German and English is essential
Interested? What can Decotek offer you?
We'd love to hear from you. Please hit the link to apply, or get in touch via our careers page for more information on any of our open vacancies @ Decotek Automotive Ltd.
Decotek Automotive is based in the Irish midlands employing approximately 320 people in a highly skilled manufacturing environment.
The company designs, develops and manufactures exterior trim components for the global automotive industry customers.
Tel: +353 44 966 6600