DECOTEK Automotive is based in the Irish midlands employing approximately 320 people in a highly skilled manufacturing environment. We design, develop and manufacture premium exterior trim components for the global automotive industry customers.
We are currently recruiting for a Product Development/Project Engineer. This role will be full-time. Working hours will be Monday-Friday 08.00-16.30.
At Decotek Automotive the Product Development/Project Engineer will co-ordinate the project team reporting directly to the Product Development Manager, and will be responsible for managing New Product Introductions.
· Customer Liaison
· Manage Customer Contracts and the Contract Review Procedure
· Manage the Product Design and Process Design
· Project Management of new product introductions
· Development and protection of Decotek Automotive intellectual property and know how.
· Provide Project Engineering support to Production as required.
· Compliance and development of Procedures related to IATF TS 16949 / ISO 14001, or other such standards as may be adopted by Decotek Automotive.
· All responsibilities should be undertaken in a spirit of Continuous improvement, striving for excellence and adoption of Best Practice.
· Lead Project teams
· Adherence of the project teams to Engineering Change control
· Adherence of the Project to Internal Gate timing
· Adherence of the Project teams to Customer Timing and Commitments
· Adherence of the Project teams to Project Budgets
· Maintenance of customer Portals
· Representation at customer locations as requested by Management
Skills and Experience:
· Third level Qualification in Manufacturing, Engineering, Science, or other relevant discipline.
· Previous experience working in a Project management role supporting Manufacturing.
· Previous experience in the automotive industry is an advantage.
· Project Management Qualification is an advantage.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Ability to work well under pressure and manage to deadlines.
· Fluency in German is Essential
Interested? What can Decotek offer you?
We'd love to hear from you. Please hit the link to apply, or get in touch via our careers page for more information on any of our open vacancies @ Decotek Automotive Ltd.
Decotek Automotive is based in the Irish midlands employing approximately 320 people in a highly skilled manufacturing environment.
The company designs, develops and manufactures exterior trim components for the global automotive industry customers.
Tel: +353 44 966 6600