Kilbeggan Community Group Clg. as the representative body for 23 local voluntary committees and community groups in South Westmeath, is responsible for running a Community Employment Scheme employing 42 people, which is funded by the Department of Social Protection. We are now hiring a Community Employment (CE) Assistant Supervisor.
The CE Assistant Supervisor is responsible for supporting the CE Supervisor in the efficient day to day running of the Community Employment Scheme in providing support to the elderly and retirement groups, men’s sheds, sporting and recreational facilities, tidy towns organisations, pitch and putt clubs, GAA clubs, and many community and parish centres.
The ideal candidate will be a competent individual who will work closely with the CE Supervisor in preparing and implementing training programmes for participants; assisting in the preparation of financial returns i.e. wages, accounts, materials and Participant Development Grant Claims.
Desirable Qualifications & Skills
· Previous experience as supervisor or relevant role.
· Good communication and interpersonal skills.
· Administrative skills including maintenance of files, records, and all required documentation.
· An ability to work on their own initiative and create good working relationships with voluntary committees and fellow employees.
· Computer skills including Microsoft office.
· Keep abreast of new developments and technology.
· A current full clean driving licence and own transport is a requirement.
· Successful candidate may be subject to Garda vetting.
· References will be sought from the successful candidates under consideration.
Hours of work: Full Time, 39 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Salary will align with the grant funding scale for CE assistant supervisors (available on www.welfare.ie). Shortlisting will apply for the above vacancy. Canvassing will disqualify. The Kilbeggan Community Group Clg. is an equal opportunities employer.
Cover letter together with CV forwarded to the Chairperson of Kilbeggan Community Group, Kilbeggan Community Group Clg. St. Vincent de Paul House, Main Street, Kilbeggan, Co. Westmeath or by email email@example.com on or before 17th November 2023.
Kilbeggan Community Group is an umbrella body which represents 25 community and voluntary groups across South Westmeath. We work tirelessly alongside sponsors to help participants of the scheme gain meaningful practical experience, achieve relevant qualifications and training and offer them support and guidance as they work towards achieving their goals and developing their careers.
Kilbeggan Community Group CLG supports Community Employment participants in Ballinagore, Ballymore, Castletown Geoghegan, Dysart, Horseleap, Kilbeggan, Loughnavalley, Rosemount, Streamstown and Tyrrellspass.