Role/ Job Title: Quality & HSE Engineer
Reporting to: Engineering/ Operations Manager (or as directed)
Location: The role will be based out of RDS offices in Mullingar; there may be a requirement for infrequent travel throughout Ireland as per business and customer requirements.
Overview of the Role
The Quality & HSE (Health, Safety & Environmental) Engineer role is crucial to the successful supply of high-quality, bespoke automation equipment to our world leading customers, and to ensuring the safety of all colleagues. This is an exciting opportunity for someone seeking a varied role supporting the quality and compliance requirements of the business.
Quality - Core Duties & Responsibilities
· Developing and implementing quality standards.
· Developing and implementing and maintaining ISO 9001 quality control systems.
· Monitoring and analysing quality performance.
· Inspecting and testing materials, equipment, processes, and products to ensure quality specifications are met.
· Collaborating with operations managers to develop and implement controls and improvements.
· Ensuring that workflows, processes, and products comply with safety regulations.
· Generates, executes, and reviews, qualification and validation protocols, to conformance to regulations and customer requirements.
· Reviews, edits and approves change controls, deviations, and corrective actions.
· Ensure all project documentation deliverables are provided to all stakeholders on time.
· Research and coordinate the introduction of new processes associated with the role.
· Liaise and communicate with the different project team members.
· Responsible for ensuring that timelines and targets are achieved.
· Lead, manage and oversee internal and external quality audits, and actions arising from same.
HSE (Health, Safety & Environmental) – Core Duties & Responsibilities
· Manage all EHS aspects on site and on customers sites.
· Implement the company's health, safety, and environmental policy, procedures and management systems.
· Advise & assist site management in drafting and communicating method statements, Safe Plans of Action and Toolbox Talks.
· Provide advice, guidance and instruction in all health & safety matters to management, EHS, safety representatives and employees (including sub-contractors where appropriate).
· Deliver Health & Safety induction programmes for new employees or sub-contractors working on site.
· Conduct regular inspections and site audits, reporting findings to site and senior company management. Strict follow-up is required to ensure that actions are dealt with immediately.
· Ensure that all accidents are reported, recorded and investigated and that suitable notification is given to the Directors, Health & Safety Authority and Insurers as required.
· Compile EHS reports for senior management and presenting on this report where required.
· Promote the Company mission of being a healthy and incident and injury free workplace.
· Involved in the development and delivery of Safety training as required.
· Liaise with clients, consultants & various regulatory bodies on all EHS aspects for day-to-day operations on site where required.
· Compile Construction Plans, Safety Statements, RAMS etc.
The above job description is non-exhaustive and is intended to be a general outline of the role, duties and responsibilities of the position. It may be added to in the future, depending on the needs of the business, customers etc.
· 2+ years of experience in quality engineering, quality assurance, or a similar role.
· Knowledge/ experience of health & safety and associated responsibilities, for example, experience of being a Health & Safety Representative
· Competent in writing documents in a concise and structured format.
· Ability to comprehend regulatory requirements and technical documentation.
· Familiar with executing equipment test such as, FAT, and SAT Protocols.
· Knowledge of automation manufacturing equipment is an advantage.
· Competent customer-facing communication skills and strong collaboration skills.
· Ability to prioritise tasks and manage time effectively.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & MS Project).
Robotics and Drives
We are an established, experienced team of 40 engineers providing bespoke robotics solutions to clients, large and small, across all sectors globally. We develop intelligent, elegant, tailored solutions for our bespoke client needs that are unique and innovative. Our growing team of engineers help the world’s most progressive manufacturers achieve unprecedented results.