· Review of incoming engineering and architectural drawings and enquiries from clients and preparation of material and product quantities and labour estimates to assemble an estimate/quotation for project.
· Liaison with the client and design engineers in the pre-bid review of design and preliminary design development
· Preparation of the project estimate and processing of documentation for submission to client.
· Prepare cost plans to enable design teams to produce practical designs for construction projects, which involves liaising with architects, engineers and subcontractors
· Liaison with Estimating Manager and/or Commercial Director on final bid and strategy.
· Follow up communication with our client/customer to track bid progress and access status of bids.
· Updating our Jarvis CRM (Customer Relations Management) records with all estimates/tender/ bids.
· Uploading and maintenance of all information for new projects to company JARVIS ERP system
· Coordination with site and production teams on project specification information including project procurement requirements.
· Monitoring and tracking of commercial aspects of the project as it passes through design and production stages and to track variations.
· Monitor and keep track of project progress and responsible for the measurement and valuation of variations in the work during the contract, for agreement of interim payments and the final account.
· Actively work with project managers and design team relating to contract variations.
· Accessing project and product feedback costing metrics from company ERP system.
· Liaison with accounts department on all commercial aspects of project.
· Preparing monthly progress payment applications and final account.
· Reporting to management on the financial progression and costs control of projects.
· Attending and contribution to internal company work winning ‘pipeline meetings.
· Ability to maintain an overview of entire projects while continuing to attend to detailed technicalities.
Shay Murtagh Precast is the flagship company of the Shay Murtagh Group. Based in Raharney, Co. Westmeath in Ireland. Shay Murtagh Precast specialise in bespoke precast concrete manufacturing for infrastructure, road, rail, utilities, residential and commercial markets.
At our core is:
A dynamic and fast-paced workplace with an emphasis on continuous improvement. You will join a progressive team of highly skilled, self-motivated individuals and work on a diverse range of projects for clients across Ireland and the UK and further afield.
Shay Murtagh is a diverse and fast growing business and we want you to grow with us. We can offer you an excellent platform to embark on your career with our multi-faceted facility. We offer a competitive salary, discretionary bonus, reduced fuel costs with Topaz, cycle to work scheme and a fun, challenging working atmosphere with a strong focus on continuous professional development throughout your career.