1. Overall responsibility for security, opening or closing procedures;
2. Ensure that a detailed handover report is carried out at the start of, and on completion of the period of responsibility;
3. Always ensure that customer satisfaction is the number one priority by greeting each customer as if it’s their first visit to the store and consistently deliver an exceptional service by displaying I-CARE service excellence behaviours;
4. Ensure the checkout area, ambient shop floor and fresh food counters operate efficiently and effectively at all times;
5. Ensure merchandising and presentation of entire store is of the highest standard at all times and in accordance with relevant store planograms and guidelines; Liaise with management on changes to layouts, ends and sides and ensure changes are correctly implemented;
6. Carry out checks for correct labelling and that stock rotation procedures are implemented;
7. To ensure the back store is kept tidy, packed away, rubbish is disposed of and combis packed correctly;
8. Communicate the required operating standards to all staff members and ensure they understand and implement such standards at all times;
9. Ensure all employees reporting to you are competent in any duties required and are given adequate training relevant to their tasks.
10. Understand and comply with all company hygiene, HACCP, food safety and security procedures;
11. Deal with all customer queries and complaints politely, professionally and consistent with store policy;
Buckley's SuperValu is a family run business based in the centre of Mullingar. The Buckley family and it's staff have been delivering excellent customer service and top quality fresh and local products to the people of Mullingar since 1949.
We have 3 x Supervalu Stores (Mullingar, Birr and Moate) and 1 x Centra Store (Mullingar) in the Midlands and are a continuous supporter of local jobs and the local community.
In conjuction with Musgrave Retail Partners Ireland, staff can also have the opportunity to pursue further education and training in various area's such as Apprenticeships in Butchery and Retail Supervision, Trainee Manager and Trainee Baker programmes, Certificates in Leadership and Management skills and Diploma and Degree programmes in Retail Management.
We offer Flexible working hours and aim to help our staff have a good work/life balance.