Role/ Job Title: Electrical Team Lead
Reporting to: Engineering/ Operations Manager
Location: On-Site/ Mullingar
Primary Purpose of the Role
Overall responsibility for Electrical Build and team including personnel.
You will be responsible for signing off on all electrical build aspects of the machines and standards.
As a team leader, you will provide guidance and instruction to the members of your team as you collectively work on a project or a portfolio of projects. You are responsible for delegating work, overseeing progress towards goals, and coaching team members as needed. Mentoring Apprenticeships & Electrical trainees. Support and guidance will be provided by senior management as requested/ necessary.
Key Areas of Responsibility
• Electrical assembly and debugging of customised automated assembly machines
• Marking up any changes to mechanical & electrical drawings that change during the machine build phase
• Electrical field wiring aspect of machine building
• Electrical wiring of machine control panels
• Managing materials related to the machine build
• On-site installation of equipment
• Meeting project delivery deadlines
• Quality / pre-delivery checks/ testing
• Implement efficient design/ layout for area
• Management of parts storage for WIP projects
• Management of team capacity and resource planning
• Management of holiday approvals and time sheets
• Reporting of sick days or other absence
• On a weekly and ongoing basis, to understand what projects are ongoing in your team and who is responsible for what project
• On a weekly and ongoing basis, work with team members to ensure that they are meeting the key performance indicators of the projects they are working on
• Oversee and manage the allocation of breaks within the team.
Coaching and Mentoring
· On an ongoing basis to be the point of contact for your team members to discuss and escalate any technical issues
· Assist team members in their ongoing development to include conducting annual performance reviews
· Identify any training (cross-training, upskilling, formal courses etc.) which may be beneficial to team members and discuss with senior management (as part of the overall organisation training plan)
· As a team leader, you will be the contact point for all team members
· On a bi-weekly basis, recommended early Monday morning and Friday afternoon, toolbox talks should be completed with the team. A broad/ outline agenda will be provided by the Company as a support tool
· On a weekly basis (or as required), meet with the other team leaders to discuss a range of cross-departmental issues; identify actions arising from same and take responsibility, along with your team, for closing out such actions
· To manage and respond to email communication, both internal and external, in a timely and professional manner
· Undergo 5S/ LEAN training course, identify actions and implement improvements across electrical design
· This is a longer term, project-based requirement of the role
· To observe compliance with all company safety standards, policies and expectations on a daily basis including (but not limited to):
o Wearing of PPE
o Reporting of accidents, incidents, near misses
o General housekeeping within the department
· To address any concerns to a site safety representative
· To maintain a continuous improvement focus
· To work collaboratively with senior management, your peers and colleagues in general to resolve issues in a timely, civil, professional and respectful manner
· To escalate issues where they cannot be resolved locally
Company Policies, Standards & Expectations
· To support the company in the ongoing development and achievement of professional standards and expectations, implementation of policies within the team and to report, escalate breaches/ non-conformance to the leadership team
· To apply company policies, standards and expectations on a consistent basis across the team
The above job description is non-exhaustive and is intended to be a general outline of the role, duties and responsibilities of the position. It may be added to in the future, depending on the needs of the business, customers etc.
Robotics and Drives
We are an established, experienced team of 40 engineers providing bespoke robotics solutions to clients, large and small, across all sectors globally. We develop intelligent, elegant, tailored solutions for our bespoke client needs that are unique and innovative. Our growing team of engineers help the world’s most progressive manufacturers achieve unprecedented results.