Health & Safety
- Ensure adequate evacuation and response arrangements are in place for fire and emergency situations.
- Perform environment, health and safety audits
- Conduct risk assessments and equipment validations
- Participate in accident/incident investigations and follow up on corrective actions
- Monitor environmental hazards such as dust and noise monitoring
- Manage and progress the site risk assessment program.
- Carry out chemical risk assessments.
- Keep the Safety Data Sheet register up to date.
- Manage safety protocol for Contractors and vendors on site
- Engage with the Emergency response teams and organize specific training
- Develop and deliver Safety & Environmental training for Induction.
- Maintain all EHS records for inspection during external and corporate audits.
- Develop work permit programme
- Report in a timely manner to HSA on H&S issues using the HAS portal
Education, Experience & skills:
- Degree in Engineering, Science or equivalent is required with a Diploma or equivalent in Health & Safety.
- 3-4 years’ experience in a regulated environment and familiar with EHS management systems.
- Familiarity with regulatory compliance procedures, publications and an ability to interpret relevant legislation on behalf of the company.
- Knowledge and experience with effluent & waste water treatment is essential.
- A proven track record of success as an EHS Engineer in a manufacturing facility is desirable.
- Communication, training and report writing skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint packages.
- Ability to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button below attaching a relevant cv.