Job Description – Quality Engineer
Summary of the Role:
As Quality Engineer you will work within a project team reporting directly to the Quality Manager and you will be responsible for maintaining and setting quality standards and procedures for current production and New Product Introduction.
As Quality Engineer, your key responsibilities will be:
- Maintaining Product Quality to meet agreed project requirements.
- Maintaining agreed internal and external standards.
- Maintaining of internal and external Quality documentation.
- Maintaining Customer specific requirements.
- Maintaining project APQP documentations.
- Ensure that the KPI targets for the company are achieved
- Communication of customer issues to the production team and ensuring response to customers is done in a timely manner.
- Travel to customer sites to fix issues and develop customer relations.
- Development of internal and external product and process control equipment.
- Responsible for customer submissions, Run at Rates and PPAPs.
- Maintaining product performance data for reporting.
- Provide quality support to Production as required.
- Compliance and development of procedures related to IATF16949 or other such standards as may be adopted by DECOTEK.
- All responsibilities should be undertaken in the spirit of continuous improvement, striving for excellence and adoption of Best Practice.
- Development and protection of DECOTEK intellectual property and know how.
Project Team Related responsibilities:
- Adherence of the Quality functions to Engineering change control
- Adherence of the Quality functions to Internal Gate timing
- Adherence of the Quality function to Customer Timing Commitments
- Adherence of the Project to Customer Quality Standards
- Adherence of the Quality functions to departmental procedures
- May revise or coordinate the revision of standard operational and working practices to ensure compliance with standards.
- Liaise with other sites to maximise efficiency through co-operation, sharing of know- how and expertise.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
Experience, Training and Work Related Skills Required
- Third level Qualification in Manufacturing, Engineering, Science or other relevant discipline.
- Previous experience working in a Quality Assurance role supporting Manufacturing.
- Ability to resolve Product Quality issues and drive timely and effective Corrective Actions.
- Previous experience in the Automotive industry is an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Results orientated.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines.
- Fluency in German is desirable.
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button below attaching a relevant cv.