Cell Leaders – Job Description
Reporting to the Floor Manager, the Cell Leader has the responsibility of managing their Cell through the Operator structure
- Manage a Cell within the Production department.
- Ensure that all Health & Safety regulations are adhered to by all employees within the Cell
- Ensure that the product is to the agreed quality standard and manufactured on time in full to the production schedule
- Ensure that performance and time and attendance of operatives is adequately monitored and managed in line with company procedures
- Train operatives in the operation of machines within the Cell
- The Cell Leader is a working cell leaders for the area
Management of Production Cell/Cell
- Adherence to the Production plan and achieving the Lean Sheet targets in output and quality
- Lead and co-ordinate the day to day activities of the Cell/Cells
- Responsible for the Quality output of the Cell/Cells
- Responsible for the labour efficiency of the Cell/Cells
- Adherence to and monitoring of daily scrap levels and rework targets and assist in developing and implementing plans to eliminate scrap.
- Responsible for trouble shooting and problem solving
- Lead and promote continuous improvement
- Establish the requirements for training and development of employees to ensure compliance with Cell objectives and targets.
- Ensuring cell training matrix is maintained/up to date
- Responsible for cell reporting, Verbal and Written as directed by the production management
- Responsible for displaying cell information, adherence to plan, performance, scrap and rework figures.
- Responsible for cell improvement initiatives including 5S.
List of Tasks:
- Ensure First Off Records are completed fully on correct version, checked & signed off by Cell Leader.
- Employees carrying out First Off checks must be listed on TM110 – saved in Docsvault 5 Operations (Training, Maint, MSDS, TDS))\Training\TM110 FIRST OFF MATRIX- NEW
- Ensure all parts are identified as required and GRN No. is shown on Travel Cards.
- Ensure Work Instructions are available at place of work, are understood and followed by employees.
- Ensure all nonconforming parts are dealt with as per Reaction Routine for Defective
Products QR 8.4-03 – Scrap must be rendered unusable.
- If alternative gauges are required (as listed on Control Plan) procedure number QP002 Temporary change of Process Controls must be followed.
- Other tasks as required by management
- Be the first point of contact for operators on any HR related queries/ issues and seek to resolve at a cell level to avoid the need for further escalation
- Manage time and attendance and performance of all employees in the Cell and ensure adequate records are kept of any discussions in relation to these issues
- Ensure operators within the cell are aware of any changes to HR policies and procedures
- Schedule and conduct weekly team meetings with operators (formally/ informally) to ensure open communication within the cell – the meeting will be used to address any questions/ issues within the cell and to update cell members on any issues relating to the business
- Record minutes of the weekly cell meeting
- Where necessary seek assistance from management / HR on HR related matters
- Ensure area is manned / cover provided at all times
Health & Safety
- Ensure that all employees are wearing their PPE at all times
- Ensure health and Safety regulations and procedures are followed by employees.
- Ensure the Cell and Equipment is complaint for safe operation by the employees.
- Promote Good Health and Safety Practices are observed.
- Ensure all Health and Safety issue raised are followed up and closed off.
Development and protection of Decotek Automotive Ltd. intellectual property and know how.
Compliance and development of Procedures related to ISO TS 16949 / ISO 14001 or other such standards as may be adopted by Decotek
All responsibilities should be undertaken in a spirit of Continuous improvement, striving for excellence and adoption of Best Practice.
Achievement of Decotek Goals in line with our Vision, Mission and Values.
Any other responsibilities that may be delegated by production management in line with Contract of Employment.
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND WORK RELATED SKILLS REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB
- Strong people management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Computer skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SAP etc
- Results orientated.
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage deadlines
To apply for this position please click on the red "Apply Now" button below, attaching a relevant CV.