We are currently recruiting for a Health & Safety Manager to join our team at our factory in Athleague, Co. Roscommon.
Reporting to the Site Manager, this role involves full ownership of the Health and Safety function including ensuring compliance with all relevant Health & Safety legislation.
· Ensure all personnel are fully safety trained for their role
· Assist Group Safety Managers in undertaking risk assessments for all operations on site
· Review risk assessments on a regular basis
· Implement and oversee internal audit processes and measure performance and action planning
· Undertake regular unscheduled safety audits on the site to ensure compliance with group policy
· Enforce policy by identifying breaches and report to the site manager and group health & safety manager
· Liase with the HSA and other outside agencies in relation to H&S matters, including reporting, auditing and ensuring recommendations and guidelines are fully complied with
· Meet reporting deadlines
· Ensure ongoing development and implementation of improved Health & Safety practices, policies and procedures on the site.
· Develop and budget with the site manager, effective training policies for implementation on site
Key Competencies/ Experience:
· Health & Safety training / qualification is a key competency for this role.
· Early reporting of all accidents / near misses followed by full reporting and preventative actions
· Accident investigation and production of records and statements for group accident reporting system
· Continuous improvement planning following weekly audits
· Analyse group monthly reports and action plan for the site
· Ability to challenge peers and managers
· Knowledge of H&S legislation as well as Bord Bia & HACCP requirements
· Prior Experience of audits and visits
· Excellent communication skills, able to communicate standards to other team members.
· Self-motivated, able to investigate, question and follow through on issues.
· Able to manage own workload and work on own initiative
· Good administration skills, with experience of using MS Office programmes.
· Previous experience in the meat industry an advantage
· Attention to detail is the main focus with a drive to ensure standards are upheld
This is a fantastic role for someone looking to develop their career within a dynamic and forward thinking company.