DECOTEK Automotive is an Irish company that designs, develops and manufactures exterior trim components for the automotive industry. Due to rapid expansion and new business acquisition, an opportunity has now arisen for a Toolmaker to join our team.
This role presents an exciting opportunity to further your career in one of the most challenging industries with direct involvement in the development of new model programs with customers.
Job Description – Toolmaker
As Toolmaker, your key responsibilities will be:
- To manufacture, repair and service all tools, jigs and fixtures. Namely: form tools, progression tools, perforation tooling and roll form equipment.
- Set- up of tools in presses ranging from 50 to 500 ton.
- Experienced with tooling which produces aluminum and stainless steel products.
- Ability to operate, set, program CNC, PLC and Robotic machines.
- To monitor performance of setting, machines and tool longevity.
- Attending machine breakdowns to identify the root cause and solve the problem.
- Using machinery such as lathes, presses, milling machines and grinders to cut and shape the tools.
- Work effectively with all team members to assist in the continuous improvement of systems and processes and ensure best practice is consistently applied.
- Monitoring the tools used on the manufacturing line to ensure efficient run rates and identify necessary repairs or possible improvements.
- Using precision measurement instruments such as micrometer, gauges and Vernier calipers to check the tool’s dimensions.
- Experience in repair and maintenance of pneumatic special purpose equipment.
- Operate and maintain production equipment and tools correctly whilst ensuring health and safety of self and others.
- Carry out Preventative Maintenance on tooling as per PM Schedule.
- Any other duties as assigned by the maintenance and toolroom manager
Experience, Training and Work Related Skills Required
- Qualified Toolmaker to level 4
- Post apprentice experience of 4 years is desirable
- Experience in press tool maintenance and repair works.
- Knowledge of set-up of tools in presses
- CNC, PLC and Robotic programming a distinct advantage
- Experience in the automotive industry is a distinct advantage
- Proactive with ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Flexible in approach to work
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate well in English
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button below attaching a relevant cv.