As Tool Setter, your key responsibilities will be:
- Proper installation, clamping and set- up of tools in presses ranging from 50 to 500 tons.
- Installation and set-up of CNC milling jigs and fixtures.
- Installation and set-up of special purpose tooling, jig & fixtures.
- Ability to operate, set, program CNC, PLC and Robotic machines.
- Validate first out of tool parts prior to production start.
- Maintain tools and lifting equipment in good working order.
- Work effectively with all team members to assist in the continuous improvement of systems and processes and ensure best practice is consistently applied.
- Monitoring the tools used on the manufacturing line and identify necessary repairs or possible improvements.
- Using precision measurement instruments such as micrometer, gauges and Vernier calipers to check the part’s dimensions.
- Experience in repair and maintenance of hydraulic and pneumatic circuitry.
- Operate and maintain production equipment and tools correctly whilst ensuring health and safety of self and others.
- Carry out Preventative Maintenance on tooling as per PM Schedule.
- Any other duties as assigned by the maintenance and tool room manager
Experience, Training and Work Related Skills Required
- Fork lift driving permit essential
- Experience in press tool maintenance and repair works.
- Knowledge of set-up of tools in presses
- Knowledge of set-up of CNC equipment.
- Experience in the automotive industry is a distinct advantage
- Proactive with ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Flexible in approach to work
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate well in English
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button below attaching a relevant cv.