SLEATOR KIA are looking to employ a qualified motor mechanic to join our team in our expanding new service centre. The successful candidate would be enrolled in KIA Training programmes with the intention of becoming a Kia Master Technician. A fully completed FAS/Solas course and clean drivers license is essential.
Functions and day to day duties include:
• To carry out routine maintenance schedules i.e. PDIs, First Service, Second
Service etc. as per manufacturers schedule and specifications in a professional
• To carry out Warranty Work as and when required within the recommended timeframe
• To clock onto and off jobcards as appropriate.
• To use Kia software programmes when performing servicing.
• To assist the Service Manager in the diagnosis of problem faults.
• To wear Uniform and Health & Safety Equipment provided.
• To ensure that your workshop bay is kept clean and clear.
• To complete the workshop job within the recommended timeframe.
• To notify the Service Manager of any problem being encountered during your work.
• To ensure your work is to the highest quality.
• To assist apprentice mechanics on work that they are performing as and when
• To inform the Service Advisor of any additional work required and parts required
in order that the customer approval may be obtained.
• To advise Service Manager of any additional work required.
• To complete the Next Service Due Sticker on the Windscreen correctly.
• To ensure the correct mileage on the vehicle is obtained.
• To ensure that on all occasions, seat covers & mats are used & are removed after
work is completed.
• To sign off jobcards when job is completed & ensure that correct details of work
done are noted on the job card.
• To assist the Service Manager in the completion of Technical Reports with regard
to any job that you have performed.
• To inform Service Manager that work is completed
• To attend KIA Training as and when required
• To adhere to the ‘Fix it right first time’ analogy where possible.