We are currently recruiting a Shift Manager to join our Team here at Decotek, Collinstown, Co. Westmeath.
As Shift Manager, you will be responsible for directing the company’s operating activities, to manage the resources of the company including employees, equipment, material and processes to ensure that the company meets the deliverables of the company such as Environmental, Health and Safety of employees and visitors,
- Maintain a clean, safe workplace and ensure zero lost time accidents.
- Lead, motivate and develop Cell Leaders, General Operators and other support teams in communication, team development, career development, motivation and skills.
- Drives and meets the Key Performance Indicators of the production shift.
- Ensure the timely issuing of internal reports which are used to determine the production area performance.
- Ensure Cell Leaders and General Operators are trained in manufacturing procedures and training matrix is kept up to date
- Maintain good employee morale and discipline, and manage all disciplinary issues in line with HR policies and procedures.
- Ensure that Operational activities always meet and exceed Customer expectations
- Plan, direct, and implement the manufacturing processes, quality and production improvements in compliance with company goals, objectives.
- Organise and direct workflow for satisfying production requirement in a cost-efficient lean structure.
- Mentor and Coach direct reports to reach company targets and objectives.
- Use hands-on approach to managing the team, leading problem-solving activities.
- Ensure that each area and all employees are compliant with all Environmental, Health and Safety regulations and all regulations relating to the company’s EPA licence
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND WORK RELATED SKILLS REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB
- High-level leadership and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrates an Environmental, Health and Safety ethos.
- Excellent organizational development and management skills, including process design.
- Demonstrated capability to execute strategy in complex, shifting environments
- Demonstrated capability to operate with cultural sensitivity in international environments
- Ability to communicate and interact with all levels within the company with excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- 10 plus years’ experience within a manufacturing environment with at least 5 years’ experience in a comparable position.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to travel as required (estimated up to 30% time)
- Excellent coaching, mentoring and team development skills.
To apply for this position, please click on the red "Apply Now" button below