DECOTEK Automotive is based in the Irish midlands employing people in a highly skilled manufacturing environment. We design, develop and manufacture exterior trim components for the global automotive industry customers.
We pride ourselves on directly supplying original parts to some of the top global automotive manufacturers.
We have an opportunity for an Apprentice Toolmaker to join our team here at Collinstown, Co. Westmeath.
As Apprentice Toolmaker, your key responsibilities will be:
- Adhere to all Health and Safety requirements.
- Accurately maintain own training record as per schedule.
- Follow the directions of assigned trainer / mentor.
- Work on CNC mills, lathes, drills, grinders and spark eroders to tight tolerances.
- Fit together all moulds, jigs and fixtures for production.
- Draw simple 2D drawings.
- Work out cutters and tool paths on CAM software for the manufacture of die’s etc.
- Repair and fault finding on press tools and Special Purpose Equipment.
- Maintain toolroom equipment to the highest standards.
Experience, Training and Skills Required
- Apprentices must have a minimum of grade D in any five subjects in the Junior Certificate or equivalent.
- Be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Team player, works well with colleagues.
- Show good initiative and be a self-starter.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Proficient IT Skills.
- Good attention to detail and strong ability to learn new techniques, systems and technologies.
- Knowledgeable in jig, fixture and tool design and machining processes.
- Knowledgeable of cutting data for variety of materials.
- CAD/CAM ability preferred.