DECOTEK Automotive is based in the Irish midlands employing people in a highly skilled manufacturing environment. We design, develop and manufacture exterior trim components for the global automotive industry customers.
We pride ourselves on directly supplying original parts to some of the top global automotive manufacturers.
We have an opportunity for an Apprentice Fitter to join our team here at Collinstown, Co. Westmeath.
As Apprentice Fitter, your key responsibilities will be:
- Developing competence in the maintenance and repair of all mechanical aspects of the plant and ancillary equipment within the depot
- Assembling / dismantling / checking / repairing and modifying mechanical assemblies and equipment, to ensure compliance with the relevant standards
- Specifications Attendance at any additional training in other disciplines to further develop and complement a full skill set required for the role and maintain PPE at all times Complete and update Job Cards for all work tasks.
- Use and maintain workshop tooling in accordance to working specifications and conditions. Maintain an accurate time-keeping record relating to work tasks; monitor and record the use of workplace consumables
- Efficiency Working effectively within the team to include Excellent Time keeping Processing Departmental work instructions for your allocated tasks
- Adjusting work procedures to meet dept demands as dictated by production schedules and workflow.
- Adhering to company policies and safety regulations and risk assessments Recommending improvements to quality of service and efficiency
- Continuously improve dept operations
- Conferring with your team leader to coordinate activities.
- Ensure the highest standards of quality control are achieved within the dept department.
- Report any near misses and close out where possible
- Service and maintaining ALL equipment in line with manufacturers guidelines/Specifications SLA Maintain the agreed turnaround time on all equipment
Experience, Training and Skills Required
- Highly practical & a great problem solver
- An enthusiastic learner who is looking to grow and develop over the apprenticeship
- Ability to work unsupervised and as part of a team.
- Ability to read and understand complex engineering drawings.
- Apprentices must have a minimum of grade D in any five subjects in the Junior Certificate or equivalent.