We are looking for people who are excellent team players with a proactive and positive attitude and who are willing to contribute to and lead environmental projects. The vacancy is ideal for a candidate who has demonstrated experience in the technical management of projects and personnel, regulatory engagement and has an interest in team and business development.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate skills in site activities, factual and interpretative reporting, data management and analysis of results. The individual will be expected to demonstrate an ability to produce high quality oral and written communications. Good time management and presentation skills are also essential.
We are committed to developing the skills of every member of our team - the successful candidate will be supported in expanding their knowledge base, achieving additional qualifications and advancing within the company. Our firm has an excellent culture and every member of our team is encouraged to contribute to the growth of the company.
- Manage and coordinate environmental projects.
- Ensuring that our services are delivered on time to the satisfaction of the client.
- Work with design teams to ensure that environmental considerations are considered.
- Build and develop strong working relationships with clients.
- Management and preparation of IPPC/IED/waste licensing related processes.
- Working with consultants in scoping projects and monitoring programmes, coordinating information requirements, project resources and specialist input.
- Liaising with clients, the EPA and/or other regulatory authorities where required.
- Work as part of multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Managing and mentoring junior staff on a per project basis.
- Promoting a positive work environment and culture in line with the ORS values.
- The successful applicant must be an excellent communicator and understand the importance of culture and collaboration with colleagues, customers and other stakeholders.
- Degree in a relevant environmental discipline.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the Environment sector.
- Experience in the preparation of EIA/EIS.
- Familiarity with air and odor and wastewater management.
- Familiarity with industrial emissions (IE)/IPC/ waste licensing.
- Familiarity with contaminated land management.
- Familiarity with ecological reporting.
- Familiarity with flood risk management.
- Highly organised and capable of working on their own initiative.
- Excellent report writing, technical reviewing and communication skills.
- Excellent people management and project execution capability.
- Full clean driving license.
- Access to the ORS Performance Based Pay scheme which sees all staff members share in company profits subject to certain measurables.
- ORS was the highest placed building consultancy in our category in the Best Workplaces Awards 2020.
- Laptop and software subscriptions where appropriate.
- Flexible working opportunities.
- Opportunities for further education and training.
- Clear opportunity to progress within the firm through the ORS Career Builder Framework.
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button below attaching a relevant cv.