Join the Frontline of Care - ‘Earn while you Learn’ with Mowlam Healthcare
Are you looking to pursue a meaningful career in caring? Not sure where to start? Mowlam Healthcare’s ‘Earn while you learn’ opportunities at Sancta Maria Nursing Home, Kinnegad, Co. Westmeath may be of interest to you.
- Be a part of Mowlam’s Training Academy where you will begin your journey to completing QQI Level 5 qualification.
- Be supported from Mowlam trainer throughout training, work experience and on-boarding into the home.
- Receive comprehensive induction training and continued in-house training including Patient Moving and Handling, First-Aid, Infection Control, etc.
- Work as part of a professional multi-disciplinary team.
- Subsidised/Covered meals when working.
The Care Assistant role at Mowlam Healthcare
The Care Assistant works as a member of a team delivering care to the residents via the Named Nurse concept. As such a team member, the Care Assistant contributes to the fulfilment of Mowlam Healthcare’s philosophy of care.
What does this role entail?
- Supporting the nursing staff and team in delivering quality person-centred care to meet the needs of residents
- Getting to know residents’ interests and needs providing attention, support and companionship
- Promoting the mobility of residents, supervising and assisting as necessary to ensure optimum mobility is maintained and improved where possible
- Enabling and assisting residents to maintain their personal appearance /hygiene needs whilst always maintaining their dignity
- Enabling and assisting residents to eat/drink and achieve physical comfort
- Participating, organising and carrying out social activities
- Sustaining high level of communication between resident’s family and staff developing good relationships
- Assisting in the upkeep of high standards of cleanliness in the home
- Contributing to the maintenance of Health and Safety in the home
- Any other duties deemed necessary by Nurse in Charge and management.
All posts are subject to satisfactory references, medical and Garda vetting.
NoteThis job description is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role and the range of duties, it does not attempt to detail every activity. Given the nature of the work, it must be stressed that maximum flexibility is required to work in the nursing home. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder periodically by the Home Manager.