Health & Safety Officer- Maternity Cover
Decotek are currently recruiting a Health and Safety Officer onsite in Collinstown, Co. Westmeath. This is a contract position covering Maternity Leave.
- Ensure adequate evacuation and response arrangements are in place for fire and emergency situations.
- Conduct site safety inspections, audits and risk assessments as required and ensure that management personnel put appropriate action plans in place
- Conduct Health & Safety meetings with the Employee Health & Safety Committee
- Ensure the correct use of Personal Protective Equipment
- Participate in accident/incident investigations and follow up on corrective actions
- Manage and progress the site risk assessment program.
- Carry out chemical risk assessments.
- Keep the Safety Data Sheet register up to date.
- Manage safety protocol for Contractors and vendors on site
- Ensure all operatives on site possess the correct training to complete tasks and ensure that the Training Register is kept up to date.
- Engage with the Emergency response teams and organize specific training
- Deliver tool box talks, safety inductions and provide support and advice to colleagues, subcontractor personnel and other third parties
- Maintain all EHS records for inspection during external and corporate audits.
- Liaise with the HSA onsite inspections and follow up in a timely manner with the corrective actions.
Education, Experience & skills:
- Degree in Engineering, Science or equivalent is required with a Diploma or equivalent in Health & Safety.
- 3-4 years’ experience in a regulated environment and familiar with EHS management systems.
- Manual Handling Instructor & DSE Risk Assessor would be beneficial.
- Familiarity with regulatory compliance procedures, publications, and an ability to interpret relevant legislation on behalf of the company.
- In Depth Knowledge of Irish H&S and Environmental Legislation and regulations
- Communication, training and report writing skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint packages.
- Ability to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders