DECOTEK Automotive is based in the Irish midlands employing approximately 320 people in a highly skilled manufacturing environment. We design, develop and manufacture exterior trim components for the global automotive industry customers.
We are currently recruiting a Senior Environmental Officer to join our team at Collinstown, Co. Westmeath. The purpose of this role is to develop and implement environmental strategies in accordance with the ISO14001 standard.
As an Environmental Officer, your key responsibilities will be:
- Manage all aspects of the site’s compliance with its Integrated Pollution Control License.
- Monitor all current and emerging environmental regulations and developing programs to ensure compliance.
- Develop and maintain the site’s environmental management systems and procedures in accordance with ISO14001.
- Manage non-conformance/Corrective Action process, internal systems audits and environmental monitoring.
- Liaise with external bodies such as Certification Europe, EPA, Irish Water.
- Manage waste recycling and disposal.
- Evaluate new processes, equipment for EHS impacts
- Conduct internal environmental training (Company Induction, Toolbox Talks).
- Monitor of the Effluent Treatment plant and EPA Licence related sampling.
- Prepare reports/metrics as required particularly for submission to regulatory authorities.
- Agree requirements with key internal and external stakeholders and a mechanism for tracking, escalating and addressing environmental issues.
- Assess and monitor all performance of emissions and effluent equipment and systems to ensure they are maximising performance against KPIs
- Manage the effluent treatment system and ensure compliance to license requirements.
- Review laboratory analysis for effluent plant parameters.
- Carry out site inspections and maintain housekeeping.
Experience, Training and Work-Related Skills Required
- Degree in Environmental Science or similar
- Experience with IPPC licencing requirements essential
- Experience in manufacturing related industry is beneficial
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with clear direct and goals.
- Excellent communication experience