Molecular Diagnostics Application Specialist
National Role covering all of Ireland
12 month contract
The Molecular Diagnostics Specialist will be responsible for offering product expertise, technical support and application specific knowledge support to both customers and also the sales manger in this capacity. The focus will be on engaging with customers on a technical level to offer product specific support for clinical / molecular diagnostics platforms and associated technologies.
The position will involve direct engagement across Ireland with customers via online support and site visits. Further focus is to ensure successful application, implementation, qualification and use of our clinical diagnostics products, by supporting sales through demonstrations whilst supporting customers for application development work, initial start-up, training and trouble shooting.
As the molecular division within Accuscience grows this role will become vital to supporting our expanding customer base.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Support the Clinical Diagnostic sales team as the customer's point of technical contact for application focused queries and issues related to the molecular diagnostics portfolio.
- Support the Clinical Diagnostic sales team as the customer's point of technical contact on existing and newly emerging products through product presentations and trainings, demonstrations etc.
- Support the Clinical Diagnostics sales team with installation of molecular diagnostics systems at customer sites.
- Become technical subject matter expert on the full Clinical Diagnostics portfolio including but not limited to PCR, qPCR, sequencing technologies including Next Generation Sequencing and newly emerging technologies (international travel may be required for training purposes).
- Provide both remote and onsite support to customers (travel may be required throughout Ireland)
- Ensuring proper Complaint Handling and documentation in compliance with our Quality System.
- Performing root cause analysis for technical issues where necessary and implementing appropriate actions for countermeasure or producing alternative operations to satisfy customer and manufacturer expectations.
- Ensuring customer satisfaction in coordination with Sales Manager expectations
- Completing special projects where required
- Keeping up to date on new technologies and developments in the molecular diagnostics field and ensuring that this information is readily available to line management
Qualifications & Experience
- A University degree or higher in a Biochemistry, Chemistry, Life Science.
- Significant background in molecular diagnostic technologies (PCR, qPCR & sequencing) in either a clinical or industrial setting.
- A good understanding in modern laboratory practices.
- A full clean drivers license
Contact Alison on 086 783 1798 or email email@example.com for a conversation about this role