Mergon Group is a leading supplier of innovative plastic products to world class customers in the healthcare, automotive and industrial sectors. The Group has manufacturing operations in Ireland, the US, the Czech Republic and China.
Mergon offers its employees interesting job challenges, opportunities for further development and a rapidly changing work environment with an emphasis on innovation and professionalism.
The Process Technician is a member of our Engineering team involved in all aspects of the manufacturing process particularly in machine and mould validation, new product introduction and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Carries out validation of new moulds, machines and other equipment.
- Carries out process optimisation
- Records and maintains of Process Control Records
- Ensures processes runs to validated state
- Ensures that work is carried out in compliance with company manufacturing procedures and Work Instructions
- Assist in the development of new work Instructions and forms to support validation activities.
- Resolves technical product and process issues
- Supervises the work of Set Up technicians and instructs them in scientific processing
- Works closely with toolroom and maintenance teams to resolve technical issues.
- Works on continuous improvement and lean manufacturing projects
- Educated to at least diploma level
- Previous experience as moulding/process technician in a plastics moulding company ideally custom moulding for the medical device sector. Understanding & experience of running Design of Experiment.
- 5 S
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Competitive Salary
- Contributory Pension
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- 26 days holidays
- Service Awards
- Innovation Recognition Award
- Wellness Centre and Gym
- Wellness Programme
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)