Mergon Group is a leading supplier of innovative plastic products to world class customers in the healthcare, automotive and industrial sectors. The Group has manufacturing operations in Ireland, the US, the Czech Republic and China.
Mergon offers its employees interesting job challenges, opportunities for further development and a rapidly changing work environment with an emphasis on innovation and professionalism.
Production Team Leader
Reporting to the Production Manager, duties of the Production Team Leader will include:
- Plan and communicate the daily production work load, delegating duties to relevant people.
- Supervise to ensure adherence to safety and operating procedures, Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP), Good Documentation Practices (GDP) and Line Clearance.
- Troubleshoot on primary and secondary processes as required, perform set up activities for primary and secondary equipment and relevant paperwork as required.
- Verify all applicable paperwork associated with batch records are properly completed in line with cGMP.
- Complete work to close out CAPAs and Change Controls as may be required & manage NCR process in conjunction with QA Technicians.
- Report production and quality metrics at the end of the shift and daily production meeting.
- Continually review production methods/operating procedures with a view to improving efficiency, quality and visual management.
- Ensure employees receive appropriate training.
- Effectively manage holidays, absence & timekeeping and provide feedback to employees on performance.
- Ensure housekeeping standards are maintained to the highest standard.
- Relevant experience in a supervisory role within the manufacturing industry.
- Relevant 3rd level qualification in Engineering or a related field.
- Experience in moulding environment (injection or blow moulding) would be a distinct advantage.
- Excellent ability to manage and delegate work
- Team Player
- Level headed & a logical thinker
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail in relation to quality and output
- Be health and safety conscious
This position is a full time, permanent position and involves working on a rotating shift basis (12 hour shifts) which includes night shift work.
- Competitive Salary
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- 26 days holidays
- Flexible Working
- Discount Gym membership
- Wellness Programme
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)