Decotek are currently recruiting a Metrology Technician to join our team at Collinstown, Co. Westmeath.
The Metrology Technician has responsibilities for
- Enforces all H&S guidelines relating to measurement equipment are observed. Breaches to be reported to H&S Officer
- Takes part in design of measurement equipment and fixtures with the project team to ensure best practices and customer requirements are observed.
- Develops and maintains all procedures relating to the metrology laboratory
- Identify error sources contributing to GR&R and determine reliability of measurement processes.
- Responsible for adjusting measurement systems in line with the identified error sources.
- Ensures all international & customer related standards are a maintained and applied to all measurement system processes
- Development of programs for all metrology equipment. Ensure revision control is maintained and secured (tamper proof).
- Provide the metrology service to all departments as required within required time frames
- CMM measurement
- Gauge maintenance
- Calibration and calibration schedule for all on site equipment
- Interpretation and reporting of statistical data to interested parties within required time frames
- Assisting engineering in investigations of customer complaints within required time frames
- Proactively work with the Quality Manager on continuously improving the Labs’ processes & procedures
- Conduct research on measurement techniques for future reference
Experience, Training and Work Related Skills Required
- Technical Qualification in Engineering
- CAD experience would be an advantage
- Must have excellent statistical process control knowledge
- Proficient in software associated with statistical process control
- An ability to read and decipher engineering drawings
- Ability to function as a team member
- Proficient in Microsoft suite of software.
- Requirements for this position include a certificate / diploma in an engineering discipline equivalent together with some experience in a manufacturing environment.
If you are interested in this role, please submit an up-to-date CV via the link provided.