Mergon International is a leading supplier of innovative plastic products to world class customers in the automotive, industrial and healthcare sectors. Mergon International is a part of Mergon Group which has manufacturing operations in Ireland, the US, China and the Czech Republic.
Mergon International wishes to recruit an Automation Engineer to join the Mergon Innovation Centre Team. This person will support the development and execution of automated finishing and assembly equipment for plastic moulded products.
- Maintain automated equipment in excellent condition
- Identify and execute process improvements which involve modifications and upgrades to existing automated equipment or design and development of new equipment as appropriate
- Design and manufacture assembly fixtures and verification fixtures
- Design, test and manufacture of automated finishing cells including six axis robots
- Support the commissioning and validation of automated finishing equipment
- Support daily manufacturing to ensure finishing equipment is running efficiently
The successful candidate will:
- Have a relevant cert/diploma/degree in Mechatronics, Manufacturing Technology, Electronics or Automation engineering with experience in a similar manufacturing organisation or relevant trade.
- Have Mechanical/Electrical experience
- Have experience in pneumatics, electronics, programmable logic controllers and workshop tools required
- Have excellent fault finding and problem solving skills
- Competitive Salary
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- 26 days holidays
- Flexible Working
- Onsite Gym and Wellness Centre
- Wellness Programme
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)