OFFALY INNOVATION AND DESIGN CENTRE CLG
Business Development Manager
(2 Year Fixed Term Contract)
Offaly Innovation and Design Centre CLG is a company that was established to develop innovative supports for enterprise in Offaly. These supports include: The Junction, Business Innovation Centre in Units 19H and 25J, Axis Business Park, Tullamore and the e-Hive Hub in Edenderry. These three Innovation Centres comprise multi-functional spaces, providing: hot desk facilities, office space, business training and mentoring, and facilities for people to develop ideas and business.
Pro-Activ HR Management have now been retained by Offaly Innovation and Design Centre CLG to recruit a Business Development Manager based in The Junction Innovation Centre, Unit 19H, Axis Business Park, Clara Road, Tullamore, Co. Offaly.
Reporting to a designated member of staff within the Local Enterprise Office of Offaly County Council and to the Board of Directors of Offaly Innovation and Design Centre CLG, the Business Development Manager will work as a member of a small dynamic team. The role will involve significant client engagement at the individual and/or business level and requires engagement with the wider business community and other business support agencies. The Business Development Manager will be a highly motivated person, with a strong sense of commitment to the ideas and values inherent in the work of Offaly Innovation and Design Centre CLG.
The successful applicant will be required to carry out and manage their tasks, within the confines of the budget as approved. More specifically, the role and responsibilities of the Business Development Manager encompasses the following key areas:
- Provide a focused approach to promoting The Junction Business Innovation Centres in Tullamore and Edenderry. Targeted sectors include software, industrial design, new product development, multi-media and renewable energies.
- Maintain and develop existing client portfolio.
- Promote the training room facilities.
- Promote the innovation centres to employees in established companies in the Midlands region who can utilize the hot desk facilities in the centres and use that time to focus on new product development.
- Assist in attainment of related annual targets set in the Local Enterprise Development Plan, the economic elements of the Local Economic and Community Plan and the Midlands Region Action Plan for Jobs at local level, in line with national government policy objectives and commitments on enterprise and entrepreneurship.
- Manage the various service providers including Broadband, Cleaning Contractors, Security, Heating, Lighting etc.
- Manage the budget for the company.
- Provide advice and guidance to anyone thinking about renting a space in the Innovation Centres.
- Scoping, planning and execution of client events to promote growth and development.
- Manage the development and delivery of events such as training programmes and initiatives that will take place in the innovation Centres.
- Management of the front office service that is located in the innovation Centre at Unit 19H, Axis Business Park.
- Promote and implement innovation and continuous improvement in the processes and programmes of the Innovation Centres.
- Maintaining and growing the numbers renting space in the Innovation Centres.
- Any other duties required to contribute to the successful management of the Innovation centres, as may be assigned from time to time by the Board of Directors of Offaly Innovation and Design Centre CLG.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Have a good understanding of commercial business needs and proven experience in working in the business community and micro enterprises in particular.
- Have an ability to generate and maintain an enterprise culture in Offaly.
- Have excellent communications skills and experience in client/customer engagement delivering customer service.
- Have good understanding of finance, accounts and budget management. Experience or proficiency with computerised accounting packages; desirable but not necessarily a pre-requisite.
- Be able to act as a point of contact for clients. Have demonstrated experience in delivering projects/managing events including budget, delivery on tight deadlines, project management and reporting of outcomes and results.
- Have experience in the management and utilisation of new communications technologies (in particular digital marketing) and the ability to utilise social media communication and marketing opportunities for clients.
- Have a strong capability to multi task, work to deadlines and deliver on targets.
- Be self-motivated with an ability to work on own initiative.
- Demonstrate a willingness to support the team in the delivery of and administration for the company.
- Have a strong understanding of the needs of small and micro businesses.
- 3rd level qualification in a business or financial discipline is desirable.
- Full Driving Licence Class B Vehicles.
Attractive remuneration available dependant on the successful candidate’s ability and experience.
How to apply:
To apply please forward a cover letter and fully updated CV by email only to firstname.lastname@example.org .
A full job description is available upon request from Pro-Activ HR Management by emailing email@example.com.
Closing date for receipt of applications: 5.00p.m. Friday 5th March 2021.
Please note that shortlisting may apply and assessment will be done on the basis of relevance and previous experience based on the information provided in the application and these applicants only will be called for interview.
Offaly Innovation and Design Centre CLG is an equal opportunities employer