St. Cronan's National School


St. Cronan’s National School was founded in 1886 in what is now the local Community Hall. The present school building dates from 1971. Major renovations were carried out in 1998 and again in 2002 when a prefabricated office and resource classroom were added to the school.
A major extension to the school including access corridor, two classrooms, resource classroom, general purpose hall and changing room was completed in 2006.
The Board of Management has legal responsibility for the overall running of the school.  It serves a term of four years and the current board was formed in December 2016. The members are: Margaret Barton (Chairperson), John Downey(Principal),Fr. Michael Kennedy, Jacinta Kelly, Claire Larkin, Anne Kennedy, Sean Birmingham and John Minnock.